Ancient wisdom defines the human body as a construct of the five cosmic elements: earth, water, fire, air and ether. These elements have different characteristics and these also account for different faculties of the human experience. The yogic view suggests that holistic wellness of the human body and spirit is achieved when all the elements are in perfect balance. At 27 hills, we offer to balance these 5 elements with 5 treasured teas:
- Earth – The Green Marvel: The vast pastoral verdant Mother Earth is viewed as a gentle yet powerful being. She is associated with the sense of touch and is believed to resolve one’s kapha. The green marvel tea embodies the Earth aspect in terms of wellness, and is a gorgeous sweet top-of-the-line Darjeeling green tea.
- Water – The Velvet White: Deep or shallow, gentle or turbulent, flowing or still: water is an intriguing element that balances one’s pitta and kapha. The velvet white tea personifies water’s gentle, complex and soothing aspects. The velvet white is a tender, sweet white tea of the highest grade.
- Fire – Darjeeling Golden Dragon: Fire, as an element awakens or initiates movement in the human condition. It ignites the spirit and restores one’s pitta. The Darjeeling golden dragon is a beautiful oolong tea that breathes fire back into one’s depleted soul.
- Air – Snowmist Darjeeling: The ancients believe that it is air that breathes life into the human ‘being’. Air, in its purest form, is exceptionally beautiful and harmonises one’s vata. We captured a bit of the purest Himalayan air in the precious snowmist Darjeeling tea.
- Ether – The Golden Treasure: Ether is the spirit. It is vacuity. It is not sensed but is omnipresent. The golden treasure is the only tea fit to be the guiding star on the ethereal azimuth. It is an extraordinary tea that captures the intangible and the spirit of the ether.